You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, nor look through the eyes of the dead, nor feed on the spectres in books,
You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me,
You shall listen to all sides and filter them from your self…
Not I, not any one else can travel that road for you,
You must travel it for yourself.
It is not far, it is within reach. Perhaps you have been on it since you were born…
and did not know…
Walt Whitman: From Song of Myself (1855)
Hello, class of 2013! I’m excited to start this blogging journey with you. You will be curators for the next 2 years, and these blogs will help you share your findings and reflections to the world. I’ll be doing my own share of blogging as well. Have fun and think deeply!
1. MUCH OF TOK CONSISTS OF QUESTIONS
2. WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTENT3. DISAGREEMENT IS LIKELY
- Face each other to ensure eye contact.
- Be a good listener. Be open to, and respond to, what has been said. Do not just wait to state your own preconceived idea.
- Respect all: No gloating, taunting or sarcasm.
- If you have something to contribute there is a moral imperative to do so.
- Do not pretend to understand if you don’t. Ask for clarification.
- One voice at a time. No ongoing battles between domineering individuals.
- Be rigorous and have fun!
What’s TOK all about? Here’s my Prezi overview to hopefully explain what we’ll be doing for the next 2 years.
Here’s another Prezi from a different school:(they also use blogs)