First off, here is the STUDY GUIDE you need to do as you read the section on Reasoning as a Way of Knowing in Chapter 2. Please post answers on your blog and check the due date for your class in Managebac.
or Download this:
Some questions to ponder:
– How do we reason?
– What is the significance and power of reasoning?
– How do we learn to reason? What tools do we use in order to reason?
– How does reasoning differ from the other Ways of Knowing?
– What is the role of Reason in Science and other areas of Knowledge?
– How do we use “deductive” and “inductive” reasoning?
– What is the difference between “validity” and “truth”?
– How do we effectively make counter-claims?
– How do we creatively reason?
– How and why do we classify?
– How do stereotypes and prejudice relate to reason?
– What constitutes a “good reason” for belief?
argument ad ignorantium
fallacy (logical fallacy)
vicious circle / cycle